Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ugh, Growing Up.

How I Know I'm Growing Up ...
  • Daily coffee fixes are essential to life
  • I have a retirement folder in our filing cabinet
  • When we go out, it's at 9:30pm and not 11:30 pm because we're both exhausted by midnight
  • On the nights that I don't work, we both read books before bed.. now we just need matching striped PJ's, sleeping caps, and gold-rimmed glasses and we'll be good to go!
  • We actually started planning our dinners ahead of time and coordinate our grocery shopping to accommodate that .. uugh ..
  • I want to go out to eat, not for the food, but so we don't have to do dishes
  • I no longer just eat things because they are yummy, but because they keep me full longer
  • I've shopped at Lowe's
  • I don't care what we eat when we go family/friends for dinner because it's a meal that I don't have to make
  • When talking to my dad about the next car we want to purchase within the next 2-3 years, my dad says "you need to buy a car you plan to have for 10-odd years, if you're planning on having kids in less than 10 years, you better get one that fits car seats!" **wave of nausea and lightheadedness over takes me**
  • Instead of thinking of clothes, new tech gadgets to buy, I get excited about furniture
  • I love BINGO
How I Know I'm NOT Growing Up ...
  • DVD/TV show rotation:  Harry Potters, Shreks, Friends, Family Guy, American Dad, the Incredibles, Monsters vs. Aliens, Disney, and back to the beginning
  • John and I still call each other names and have to be told to "settle down now"
  • I need my nightly bowl of ice cream to survive
  • I still get my Easter basket.  DUHH..
  • Legos are a perfectly awesome birthday gift
  • Despite being a nurse, I still need to talk to my mom when I'm sick
  • Car trips include BINGO
  • I use my Beauty and the Beast cup daily.. used to use my Tinkerbell ones until it broke!
  • I love BINGO

No comments:

Post a Comment