Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Completely Content

Tonight was one of those nights when you're driving at dusk with all the windows down, the temperature is perfect, the breeze is slight but sufficient, and the world just feels right.  I was driving down University Avenue, home from my parents house, and I just felt completely content.  I feel like everyone from here is always wanting to move on, go somewhere bigger and better, and get away.  Sometimes I feel that urge, but I didn't tonight.  As I passed Lil Porgy's, listening to my Beatles, Regina Spektor, and Peter Bradley Adams mix, I sighed, reflecting on just how happy I was to be right where I was.

I passed Carle Hospital, where I work, and was thankful for my job.  Thankful for the amazing, supportive, uplifting, and hilarious coworkers. I was thankful that I enjoy my job, not dreading work in the morning, but happy to be a part of that team.  As I drove, I looked down at the ring my best friend gave me and was thankful that I was going home to him.  I passed the vacuum store at the corner of University and First and smiled at their Jesus sign.  I went down First street, towards the sand volleyball courts and passed the apartment complex in which one of my best friend's from college lived and remembered how much I loved being there.  I remember the fun from college, but appreciated where God has me right now.  Content to be in Champaign-Urbana, completely happy with the friends we have made here, our jobs, and the home we've made.  I know we would like to move at some point, but tonight I was reminded to be thankful for the now and the where.  I dislike it when people make it seem as if staying in CU means you haven't gone anywhere, because tonight's 10 minute drive reminded me that I'm right where the Lord wants to me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment