Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kleber Updates

Hello all!  It's been a while since an update, so here is what is going on in our lives!

Parkland just finished its season.  They went to the NJCAA Nationals for the first time in years!  Congrats Cobras!  Nationals was held in Danville (...whaaatt?) and they placed 11th in the nation.  I thought it was crazy that teams came from New York, Ohio, Arizona, etc to come to Danville, IL of all places.  But the team played well.  They lost their first game, won their second, and lost the third.  Brandon Hays hit a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to win the second game.  I'm so happy for them, they did so great!  Probably because of the awesome coaching ...


With the season over, John is busy recruiting like crazy.  It's crunch time so they're trying really hard to get recruits to visit campus and make their final decisions.  We're trying to decide what our next step will be with his coaching career.  We've talked about him being a graduate assistant somewhere, but just not sure where we will be next.  Keep us in your prayers!

Things with me have been going well.  I love my job, but it takes its toll!  Thursday morning, I woke up and pulled muscles in my neck.  I had severe pain from my ears to the middle of my shoulder blades.  John's dad worked on it multiple times, I iced it, tried Ibprofen, and got no relief.  So i broke down and went to the doctor today.  He gave me a pain pill and muscle relaxant and I feel so much better.  It still hurts, but I am able to move so much easier.  The doctor doesn't want me to work this week, but I might try to work my shift Wednesday.  I just know I can have either pill while working, so I'll have to be pain free before I start doing anything crazy.  I've basically been lying down for 3 days.  I haven't driven since Wednesday.  John's been doing a great job taking care of me though. 

I also wanted to share with everyone my Valentine's day present from John this year!  We got gem stones on our honeymoon and he got an amethyst mounted on a white gold mount and made a necklace!

John and I are just getting pumped for summer.  We can't wait for cook outs, swimming, beach volleyball, etc.  We're also excited to see all of our overseas friends soon too.  Hope you're doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment