Thursday, August 4, 2011

Marriage is About Chairing

I recently got a little Martha Stewert-y at the Kleber Estate.  In case you have never been to our home, we have a small dining room table and set of four chairs that was generously given to us by the Becker's.  The table was a great addition to our home, especially since we didn't have a table!  However, the chair upholstery was not so hot.

I also just noticed some stains on them.  We definitely needed an upgrade.

Yup.

So I went to Joann's Fabrics and bought some fabric, stole a stapler gun from my momma, and got to work.  I definitely bought twice as much fabric that was needed.  That's what I get for being a first-time fabric buyer.  They could just sense my uncertainty.

Here are my supplies:
The most difficult part was figuring out how to load the staple gun. 

So I just unscrewed the seat, threw on my crudely cut fabric, screwed the seat back on .. and that's that!  Here is my finished product.


John thinks I'm crazy because I did three chairs in the purple covers and one in the other pattern.  I said it was my accent chair.  Maybe I'm trying too hard to be too artsy fartsy, but I like it.  So whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment