Friday, August 5, 2011

One Year Wedding Anniversary

John and I recently shared our one year anniversary!  We were in Chicago for the weekend and wanted to get back home to celebrate, but were unable.  We got home late that night and decided to celebrate later in the month.  We also forgot the only one year anniversary tradition that has been sitting in our freezer this entire time; the cake!  Don't worry, we remembered and did it the next night but wow.. gluten-free cake that's been frozen for a year is just as delicious as it sounds.  It was bad.  I mean bad.  Just before the wedding, we had a little scare and thought John had a gluten allergy, so we had our cake lady make the cake without gluten.  I mean, look at how much we ate the night of the wedding..

We barely ate a bite each.
This is no knock on our cake lady, the cup cakes that night were amazing.  Gluten-free cake is just not the best no matter what you do.  We also had 3 cup cakes left over and tried those too.  Not quiet as bad, but still gross enough to spit it out too.


John definitely got me back though for surprising him at the wedding and smashing the cake in his face.  He was not happy with me because I made a huge deal about how I hated it when people did that at weddings and didn't want him to.  I had a last minute change of heart and smeared gluten-free cake in his face.  I do not regret that decision.

Boo.

I also looked a few wedding items one year later too!  Immediately after the wedding, my mom hung my bouquet upside down from the mantle and we left it there for a while.  It dried perfectly and we have it in a vase on a bookshelf in our home.  John's boutonniere also dried nicely! 

White roses turned yellow.

We also had to clean out our closet recently and I threw a bunch of stuff out.  But I did come across the fly-est dress you ever did see.. 


I love the look on John's face whenever he sees this dress.  Too bad I don't have a picture of that. 

Yay for anniversary cards!
John's doing his anniversary day next Saturday and I'm doing mine later in the month.  We are surprising each other, so I'm pretty pumped to see what he's been working on.  He's been pretty sneaky lately..

No comments:

Post a Comment