Sunday, August 14, 2011

One Year Celebration

Yesterday was John's day to celebrate our anniversary.  It started with him making me a yummy breakfast.  Coffee, OJ, bagel, and eggs with some salami and cheese. 


Next, he told me to get ready because I had an appointment at 11:15am.  He then dropped me off at Bodyworks for a 1-hour massage and told me someone would pick me up.  I didn't really think much of it, assumed he was making his brother come help him and went and enjoyed my massage.  I walked outside at 12:30 pm and saw this guy walking up ...

Monty!
Monty driving me around!
 He introduced himself as Monty and said he would be my driver for the day.  He said we were going to Tuscola to the outlet stores to go shopping.  Monty said that he had been working with my husband, John, and he gave him instructions to get me specific things I had been wanting/needing lately.  I cleaned up pretty well!  He also made sure to bring the appropriate water cup for the day:

The bride cup we got as a wedding gift!

When we got back he said we had some time to kill before dinner and we could do whatever we wanted.  I said I wanted to rearrange our bedroom.  John says I'm just like Monica from Friends.  Well, maybe that proves it since that was what I wanted to do most.  The last time we traveled, I did tell John that one of the reasons that I enjoy traveling was because it tests my organizing capabilities.

Back to our day.. I jumped in the shower to get ready for dinner and when I got out of the shower, I saw this:

A homemade sign and all of our anniversary cards that we have received recently!
Here is a close-up of the sign if you can't read it..

pLace - where it's ok to sleep with your waiter!
One red rose for one year.
Bathroom sign.
My chef, hard at work. 
He made me a delicious dinner, we had some yummy red wine, and enjoyed the evening together.  I would say he did a great job!  I'm taking him out this Wednesday for my celebration, so stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment