Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Personally Performing

As many of you know, my mother and father in law own a successful business in town.  It's called Personal Performance.  They do training and rehab and train a lot of high performance athletes in the area.  I trained there in high school and during college.  I work out there about 3 times a week right now.  I love it.  I get a great workout but I also know I'm not hurting my body with bad form, lifting the wrong way, or over training.  You have to be careful about things like P90X, yoga, or just running 3-5 times a week.  That repetition can hurt your body.  A lot of yoga poses are dangerous, cause injury, and are not helping/strengthening your body. Weight training correctly and doing cardio workouts are essential to living healthy and you can get both at Personal Performance.

In addition to training athletes, they also do rehab for work-related injuries and consults for various issues.  They have a nutritional focus as well.  Doug, John's dad, reads blood, suggests different natural supplements and does nutritional counseling.  They also have a few massage therapists on staff as well.  When I had some bad knee problems in high school, they helped tremendously.  I also have gotten my neck worked on by one of their massage therapists.

Doug used to play football and baseball for the Illini in the 70's and was also a member of the Cleveland Brown's until a career ending knee injury.  John's mom was also ballin on the Illini volleyball team as well.  They are both great trainers, especially for local high school athletes with aspirations to play at the collegiate level. 



This is an outside view of the gym.  It's located on Lincoln Ave in Urbana, right across from Capstone Apartments, near the intersection of Bradley and Lincoln.

View of the main gym area
View of the second gym area, a recent addition. It looks great!
They also have a wall of fame.  So many athletes have trainer here, from football players to dancers, they have trained a lot of different types of athletes.

Part of one Wall of Fame
Dougie K during his Illini days!
Local athletes that train at PP in the news!
Wall-O-Vitamins

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Kati. PP is a wonderful place with personal attention. I'm sure I couldn't move without the expertise of the Klebers.

    ReplyDelete