Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oct. 19th, 2010

Hey everyone!  John and I are doing well.  Parkland's season is getting started.  They've had two jamborees and have won 5 of the 6 total games!  I'm excited to see them play this year.

Here is their 2010-2012 schedule:
http://www.parkland.edu/athletics/mensbasketball/schedule.aspx

So naturally John is extremely busy with practices, recruiting, study halls, etc.  I've started working nights too, so we're having to deal with seeing each other less.  I am really enjoying nights though.  It is much slower and I have time to really get a good picture of my patients and why they're there.  It's so crazy to think that a year ago I was still living in Iowa, in nursing school, writing papers/doing homework, and planning a wedding.  It definitely feels like I'm doing what I've been planning for years for. 

I've also been putting a lot of time into my new Norwex business.   I'm loving it.  I hated not having something to organize and do every day outside of working at the hospital.  Plus all the free stuff isn't so bad! This stuff is so easy to sell though.  I'm not much of a salesperson, I hate bugging people about selling things because I hate when people bug me!   But people love it, so it's not so difficult.  And I had my first party last week.  It was definitely a success.  Not to mention we had the best spinach dip ever!  (Thanks Stac.)  And I used my Kitchenaid that was a gift from Jill and Wayne from the wedding.  Man, those things are awesome.  No wonder they're so expensive, it's because they're amazing.  Thanks guys!

Here's the recipe.  I highly, highly, highly recommend it!  You should definitely double it though.

Knorr Spinach Dip
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not use fresh)
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 cup REAL mayonnaise 
1 (4 oz.) pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
Squeeze spinach until dry. In medium bowl, stir together spinach, sour cream and soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.  ENJOY!

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Lucas Huling!  I went to their wedding last weekend with Aimee.  After getting lost 3 times, we finally made it to the reception (we missed the ceremony!).  I felt bad, Aimee and I were talking and I wasn't paying attention to the exits I missed, or the highway I was supposed to turn on.  Of course, Katy was absolutely stunning and it was so good to see all my Iowa nursing ladies.  I can't believe we're all nurses.  It seems like just yesterday Katie was farting on my pillow, asking me CONSTANTLY to ask her question, after question, after question, eating my food, and messing up my room.  Or we were studying for a dreaded LV exam, using 5 different textbooks, or complaining about the paperwork for our licenses.  Or RSI paperwork, SNA events that we had to go to but didn't really want to, and talking about everyone's upcoming weddings.  Three years later, I'm back in the 'paign, livin the dream!  Minus a Thomas or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment